You know Verbier 4Vallées as the people who make the highest altitude fondue in Europe at Igloo du Mont-Fort. Now, get ready for New York’s best burger, Black Tap—also served at over 9,800 feet!
Starting from the winter 2021–2022 season, Verbier 4Vallées and Black Tap are joining forces to create a unique space at Col des Gentianes.
The Black Tap craft burgers and beer concept will give every aficionado the chance to immerse themselves in the gustatory, visual, auditory and olfactory excess of an authentic American burger restaurant.
Here's what diners have to look forward to this winter at the Igloo at Les Gentianes:
- Award-winning hamburgers, CrazyShakes®, award-winning Texas BBQ chicken wings, and Black Tap’s special fries (potato or sweet potato)
- Black Tap at Les Gentianes will be the only place in Switzerland to serve Crazy Hot Chocolates, specially prepared to keep you warm at over 9,800 feet
- All of the burgers will also be available as vegetarian versions with the beef being replaced with the plant-based Impossible™ steak, which Black Tap imports directly from the US
- Black Tap has also created a special Verbier burger, the “Juicy Lucy in Verbier”, made with local cheeses and charcuterie
- A unique SoHo Manhattan vibe, with hip hop music, three graffiti paintings by Swiss artist Jazi, and cool, American-style service
- Seating for around 180 people inside and outside the Igloo
- Drawing its inspiration from classic American “luncheonettes”, Black Tap began as a simple 16-seat burger joint in SoHo, Manhattan. These days, Black Tap is griddling burgers and whipping up CrazyShakes® all over the world: in the US, in Asia, in Europe and in the Middle East. As the number one burger restaurant in Geneva and Zurich, Black Tap has already captured the hearts and stomachs of Swiss customers.
To whet your appetite for the opening, which is scheduled for December 2021, check out the vibe of this unique American chain by visiting www.blacktap.ch