- Winter activities
An event completely dedicated to sharing prevention tips and training for off-piste skiing and ski touring.
Do you want to learn how to detect danger? The best way to move around the terrain? How to handle your avalanche transceiver correctly? Then this is the event for you. Whether you are a beginner, an experienced skier or a professional, these safety factors are important for any freerider or ski tourer. Classes are open to anyone aged 12 and over.
SWISS MOUNTAIN TRAINING PREVENTION & EDUCATION DAYS
Gathering the right information when planning an expedition and knowing how to interpret it in the field (3x3 method) means you can manage risks effectively. Learn to have fun safely.
KNOW YOUR AVALANCHE EQUIPMENT
- Workshop at the DVA Park
Choose from two time slots of 1 hour and 30 minutes each
Price: CHF 40 per person
Day: Saturday or Sunday
Venue: DVA Park at Les Ruinettes. Times: 10.30am to midday / 1.30pm to 3pm. 6 people.
SWISS MOUNTAIN TRAINING, LEVEL 1
- Know your equipment
- Understand avalanche bulletins and how to wear and operate your avalanche transceiver. Be aware of the main winter dangers (avalanches, cold temperatures, weather hazards, ledges, disorientation, falls, etc.)
- 3x3 method
- Perform a simple rescue
Price: CHF 150 per person, with SMT1 certification
Day: Saturday or Sunday
(In front of the LGDV counter – Médran Café) Time: 8.30am
min. 6 people
SWISS MOUNTAIN TRAINING, LEVEL 2
- Review knowledge from Module 1 | Safety & Avalanches
- Know how to plan your trip to the mountains
- Deepen your knowledge of the 3x3 method (conditions – terrain – people)
- Be aware of protecting flora and fauna
- Know how to estimate and measure the incline
- Know how to apply the graphic reduction method
- Be able to perform a rescue operation
Price: CHF 300 per person for two days, with SMT2 certification
Days: Saturday and Sunday
(In front of the LGDV counter – Médran Café) Time: 8.30am, min. 6 people
BACKCOUNTRY JUMP SESSION
Adapt to the ever more ariel trend of freeride and learn about the construction of jumps.
- Coaching for all levels
Activity taking place throughout the day - FreeDays: Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th Dec.Meeting point: Event village in La ChauxTimes: All day
Half-day devoted to freeriding techniques and skiing in non-prepared snow.
Groups of minimum 4 and maximum 6, registration required.
Price: CHF 70.- per person for a half-day.
Meeting point: Freeride village